Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So C-C-Cold-d-d-d!

It is easy to blog when you are blogging all the time, but I fell out of the habit and no longer feel like a blogger.

So much food has grown and it was even warm before, but now it is so cold. It is the end of July and as I write it is evening and 54 degrees. It got into the mid-70s today. I have tomatoes trying to get ripe and okra and melons trying to grow. I heard we are on target to have the warmest July on record and people are roasting all over but it is so chilly here.

Anyhow, to recap the past while, I had some volunteer squash come up very early. It looks like spaghetti squash but it tastes much sweeter. That's right, I already have winter squash. I have a bunch of strange squashes that must have come out of the compost. I took some pictures, but can't find them, but that is ok, because we also had:
potatoes and beets and carrots and onions and garlic and basil and greens and stuff, some of which can be seen here.





And then after that we had basil and made pesto. Some pesto went on pasta salad and some went in the freezer for later.


and so on.

1 comment:

  1. The news has been saying that this July in the SF Bay Area is the coldest one in 40 years! I believe it!

    And why is the voluteers are always more productive (earlier on I might add) than the ones you've actually planted? I have one that's trying to dominate the world and must have over a dozen 2'+ long giant pink banana squashes on it.

    ReplyDelete